NFL Bandwagon Coasters - Design Tech Project

                                        

What is your project?


My project is a set of walnut wood, 3-inch coasters featuring the logos of four different NFL teams surrounded by laurel wreaths. The symbols are those of the Houston Texans, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Seattle Seahawks. The holder is also made out of walnut wood.


How did you make it?

I used Adobe Illustrator to design the logos and coaster holders. After using various programs to finish up my blueprints, I used the laser cutter to engrave the logos and cut out the coasters. As for the holder, I cut out five separate parts to assemble with glue. I sanded all the pieces, then covered a linseed oil finish on both and let it dry for a couple of days.         

What do you like most about your project?

The simplistic design of the ‘victory’ laurels behind my favorite NFL teams, I would say. The coasters also fit perfectly in the holder and enable easy access.      

What was challenging about this project?

Most definitely the sanding part, as I wasn’t entirely sure what speed and strength to apply on the coasters at first. As well I needed some assistance in operating the machines to cut/engrave my project.                                     


What would you change about the project if you did it again?
I would have devoted more of my attention to getting it done more efficiently and improved in some ways, such as sanding and polishing.      


What is your plan for it now that it's done?

I plan to use it both as a decoration piece, as well as protecting the surface of my tables from drinks. 

 

 

 

 




 

 

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Flower Coasters Jaycie Fazande