Spiderweb Coaster and Coaster Holder - Design Tech Project




What is your project?

My project is a set of coasters with spider-web designs on them and a coaster holder to accompany them. They are both made of walnut wood.

How did you make it?

I used the laser cutter to make the coaster and it's design. I also used the CNC Router to make my coaster

holder. After that, I proceeded to sand them down using a random orbital sander and sandpaper. Finally, I used linseed oil to make the features on the coaster and coaster design stand out more.

What do you like most about your project?

I am quite proud of the spider-web design on the coasters. It took me a while to figure out how to create that design on Illustrator and I'm happy it turned out well.

What was challenging about the project?

Once again, designing the spider-web design was quite a challenge. Another area where I struggled a little was finding the right measurements for my coaster and coaster holders so that the coasters could fit in the coaster holders.

What would you change about the project if you did it again?

I would probably have gave the coaster holder a more unique design since I personally feel that I could have done better in that aspect.

What is your plan for it now that it's done?

I plan to keep it on my dining table so that whenever I want a drink, I could place my cup or mug on it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Flower Coasters Jaycie Fazande