City Coasters and Coaster Holder - Design Tech Project

     For my coaster and coaster holder project, I made coasters that have different cities on each. The cities I chose are; St. Louis, Chicago, Austin, and Rome. When I was planning my project I wanted to incorporate something meaningful to me. I came up with the idea of making city skylines from cities that are important to me and my family. Rather than just using a pre-made skyline I decided to create my own skyline. For my coasters, the first thing I did was create my designs in Adobe Illustrator. After a very long process of designing my coasters in Adobe Illustrator, I was finally able to cut them out using the laser cuter. To make my coaster holder, I also used Adobe Illustrator. After I designed my coaster holder in Illustrator I uploaded my design to a website called Easel. After I uploaded my design to Easel I made some finishing touches and then I was able to cut out my coaster holder design using the CNC router. When both my coasters and coaster holder were done I sanded them both and I glued together the pieces of my coaster holder. Finally, the last step I had to complete was putting a wood finish on my coasters and coaster holder. 

    Something I like about my project is that it has a design that is meaningful to me and my family. I am also proud of myself for designing my coasters. Since I designed the city skylines myself the process was very long and tedious. Some of the buildings that I created had many very small details that I had to replicate. One of the most challenging things I encountered while making this project was definitely designing my coasters. Another challenge I faced happened later on in the process. After I had assembled my coaster holder I realized that my coasters were too big and wouldn't fit in my coaster holder so I had to resize my coasters and cut them out again. At the moment I am very happy with how my project came out. If I were to do this again something I might change is the cities. Now that I am done with my coasters I am planning to give them to my parents or grandparents because they will probably want to use them in the house. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Game of Thrones Coasters