Flower Coasters Jaycie Fazande


                                                         Flower Coasters for my Grandmother 

 For my coaster holder project, I decided to make coasters for my grandmother that represent her. The first thing I did was take the flowers that my grandmother drew and traced them to put them in Adobe Illustrator. After editing the flowers to my liking, I uploaded them to the laser cutter so I could start prepping my acrylic to become the actual coaster.  While my coaster holders were being designed, I decided to start planning out my coaster holder. For this design, I wanted to do something simple so it wouldn't take away from the actual coasters. So I went with a three-slot coaster holder with a bible quote on each side. After my coasters were done in the laser cutter, I took a minute to look at them to make sure everything turned out well, especially the flowers, afterward I put adhesives felt back so the coasters wouldn't go sliding all over the place when my grandmother tried using them. My coasters were basically completed, and all I had left to do was finish making the coaster holder. For my coaster holder, I uploaded my piece of wood to the CNC router so it could cut out the slots for the coasters could go into. After that, I went back to the laser cutter to engrave the bible quotes on each side. This wrapped up my whole coaster holder project. The coasters fit perfectly in the coaster holder, and the coaster holder doesn't take away from the actual coster. I am very happy with how this turned out, and I can't wait until my grandmother sees what it looks like. The reason I decided to do this theme for my coaster was that I wanted something nice for my grandmother, and I also wanted to bring back a happy memory for her, so I decided to do some old drawings of some flowers that she did a while back and put them to everyday use.         







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Game of Thrones Coasters