Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

 Quidditch Set Coaster Project

    For my coaster project, I wanted to do something that represented one of my top interests. I chose to design and create something Harry Potter related. Through this process, I changed the design and made lots of edits to ensure I could create my ideal design. I ended up going with my first idea and made three different coasters with designs based on Harry Potter's Quidditch set and the definitions on the back. 



    To make these awesome coasters, I had to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator as well as the proper procedures for the laser cutter and the CNC router. Prior to this, I had virtually no experience with these materials and tools, so it was a long process that was definitely worth learning. The most challenging thing for me was learning how to use Adobe Illustator and figuring out what designs I wanted, and how all of the little details I wanted would be included. 

    The thing I like most about my project is that it is very unique, and represents one of my interests. I love the coaster holder, and really believe it ties the whole project together by being bold in contrast to the simplistic coasters it holds. 

    If I had to do this project again, I would probably add another coaster or two, but with the amount of time we had, I think this was perfect. I am excited to see me and my family use these coasters to hold our drinks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Game of Thrones Coasters