Geometric Coasters - Leo Rosin



 What is your project? My project was to make coasters and a coaster holder.

How did you make it?

I cut out my coasters on the Laser Cutter and made them in Adobe Illustrator.  I made my coaster holder on the CNC router using Adobe Illustrator and then translating it to Easel 


What do you like most about your project?

I liked that my coasters have a repeating pattern of one shape throughout. 


What was challenging about this project?

The most challenging part of this project was the fact that in the beginning, my computer decided to crash and delete my coasters multiple times. 


What would you change about the project if you did it again?

If I did this project again, for the coasters, I would go for a more varied design rather than shapes. Do not get me wrong, I love the shape, but I could have challenged myself a bit more with a nonrepeating design; for the coaster holder, I would likely have made the holder vertical rather than horizontal. 


What is your plan for it now that it's done?

My coasters will now sit on my counter and be used on the rare occasion we have guests and/or my family eats together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Zodiac Sign Coasters-Design Tech Project