Geometric Dog Coasters



 This is my coaster project. They are made out of walnut wood and they have an engraving of one of my dogs - my husky - on them. 

First, I created my coaster design on Adobe Illustrator and I created my coaster holder design on Easel. Unfortunately, I did not have time to carve out the coaster holder because I was not in person until the last couple weeks, but at least I was able to print out the coasters. After the coasters were printed out, I sanded them down, starting with 150 grit, then moving to 220 grit and finally 320 grit. Once the coasters were smooth enough, I finished them with linseed oil, letting them dry for a couple days after I was done. 

My favorite part of this project was designing the engraving and how well it actually came out. The final product also feel really nice and smooth. 

I would say that the biggest challenge I faced while making this project was being online for the majority of the time we had to complete it and having to catch up with the others once I came back in-person. Obviously, I could not complete the entire project, but I am very glad that I at least got to see the final coasters.

If I was to do this project again, being fully in-person, I would make it a little more complex, maybe with a ring on the top of the coaster. And of course, I would want to actually have a coaster holder.

I plan to take this home and show my family. We don't really use coasters, but it would be a nice piece to put on the dinner counter or have in the center of the table.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Flower Coasters Jaycie Fazande