Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

 

My coaster project, which I based on four different Taylor Swift albums, was a unique and fun experience. Prior to my work in this course, my skills with 2D design, laser cutting, and engraving/cutting materials were basic. Throughout this project, I learned different skills and became more confident in my 2D design work. 

    For me, the most challenging part was designing the coasters. I wanted to make my coasters resemble the four album covers as best as possible, while still making sure they would translate well when being engraved. However, with the help and feedback from my teacher, I successfully created four designs that were both replicas of the album cover and looked good when engraved. My favorite part of the process was watching the laser cutter create my designs. It made me feel proud of the hard work and time I spent on the project. 

One of the biggest takeaways from this experience was thoroughly brainstorming your design. Specifically, thinking how you would re-create the image you have in mind. This was because I had to redo many of my designs, which was timely. I look forward to using my coasters at home for my drinks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Zodiac Sign Coasters-Design Tech Project