Tessellations - Brandon Foertsch


I made five coasters of tessellations, the coaster holder also doubling as a fifth coster. I used Adobe Illustrator, the laser cutter, and the CNC router. I looked online for inspiration and made my tessellation designs in Adobe Illustrator. I used the laser cutter to cut the coasters and the coster engravings and used the CNC router to cut the holder. I like how the coasters turned out and I am glad that I used the darkest wood, the walnut. My biggest challenge during this project was figuring out how deep and how wide my coster holder cuts would be. It took three tries to get this right. If I could change one thing about this project, I would reprint the top left coster and engrave the opposite way. I am excited to take these coasters home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Zodiac Sign Coasters-Design Tech Project