V's Burgers - Design Tech Project

 

         My goal for the project I decided to work on for design tech was to make a set of coasters that each represented a different ingredient in your average burger. When alone, they can serve as coasters for your drink but when stacked come together to form a delicious-looking burger! I made it using a program called Illustrator, which enabled me to create the shapes and designs of my coasters. Once my designs were made, I chose the color of acrylic that I wanted to use for my coasters, and once I had everything downloaded, inserted my designs into the program which would then allow the laser cutter to both engrave and cut out my designs. 

    The thing I enjoyed most about my project was getting to see my designs becoming real life. Not only is it an interesting process to look at, but it was awesome getting to see the things that I had created on my own come to life and being able to hold them after. The most challenging part of this project was either creating the designs on Illustrator or coming up with the design for it. The designs I chose to do were relatively simple so they weren't as complicated to create, but Illustrator is a program that takes time to learn, and although I had been using it for the entire semester already, I still made mistakes and ended up requiring guidance. Meanwhile, coming up with the design was difficult because of the wide array of options I could have chosen from. I was trying to find something that was both silly and creative, and having thought back to some designs I had seen before involving coasters, came up with the idea of a burger and its box. 


    If there's one thing I would have changed about the project if I could redo it, it would be to choose a different color of acrylic for my two burger buns. Unfortunately, the only color accessible that looked relatively similar to an actual burger bun was transparent and in my opinion, it ruined the look of the burger a bit as it's the only part of it which is see-through. My plan with my project now is to share it with my family members and hopefully put it to good use and show it off when guests are over for dinner!







 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet me at Midnights coasters - Design Tech Project - Federico Sanchez

Quidditch Set coasters - Max Barger

Zodiac Sign Coasters-Design Tech Project